Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anything you can do I can do better

Bridger and Shaylie were asked to sing a duet at a fundraiser in our branch.  We had a week to come up with something for them to sing, I was at a blank, and Steve suggested "Anything you can do I can do better" from the play "Annie get your gun".  I thought their would be NO chance they could learn that song in just a week but we changed some lyric's to fit them and Steve was able to edit the music and cut a couple of verses.  They worked really hard on it after singing it OVER and OVER again they finally got all the words down and even a few actions.

This is the performance at the church



And this is the one of them practicing at home.




I'm writing out the lyrics because the sound on these recordings aren't very clear and they were singing away from the microphone some of the time so just in case your wondering... this is what they were singing.

Anything you can do I can do better
I can do anything better than you
No you can't
Yes I can
and so on...

Anything you can be I can be greater
I can be anything greater then you
No you can't
Yes I can
and so on...

I can beat Darth Vader with his own light saber
I can bat my lashes at any boy that passes
I can do most anything
Can you date a girl?
Yes
Not in this world

Any age you can be I can be older
I can be any age older then you
No you can't
Yest I can
and so on...

Anything you can sing I can sing faster
I can say anything faster then you
No you can't
Yes I can
and so on...

I can eat a Snickers faster then a flicker
I can eat it quicker and get even sicker
I can do most anything
Can you make a pie?
No
Neither can I

Anything you can sing I can sing softer
I can sing anything softer then you
No you can't
Yes I can
and so on...


They got a lot of attention after that performance.  Steve made a good choice. He did a AWESOME job changing the lyrics and editing out the song.  All and all with the time that we had, I think it turned out pretty good.

3 comments:

  1. So cute, it makes me smile! I can tell they have a natural talent for performing, that's a lot of lyrics to remember...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big they both are...its crazy and i love how you put the two videos back to back....it cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete